SIGNS THAT FALL IS COMING TO THE COAST
1) The whooping cranes have left Canada and are heading for Texas.
2) Hummingbirds are swarming my feeders and it is time for the Rockport Hummingbird Celebration. One year a woodpecker helped itself to the feeders. I have not seen it this year.
3) I will be looking for white pelicans to arrive before long. They arrive in the fall and leave when it gets warm in the spring.
4) The stores start to fill with faux leaves, pumpkins, wreaths, cinnamon scented candles, bibelots and everything we need to decorate our homes and pretend that we have a real fall season where the leaves turn a golden hue, and drop poetically to the earth.
5) I pick a Syrah from Texas Hills Vineyards to celebrate the autumnal equinox. Texas Hills Vineyard is a small but elegant winery just outside of Johnson City. We picked up this bottle there last year.
HAPPY FALL TO YOU!