Recently a very fine photographer and blogger, gweaverii, mistakenly assumed a photo she had seen on my blog via Flickr on the sidebar was taken by me. I was flattered, but it was not mine as I have never posted pictures on Flickr and only take snapshots. By way of making amends to the actual photographer, Ricardo Brig Casarico, I decided to research his work and post something on my blog about him even though I am sure he never knew I was briefly given credit for his stunning black and white photograph titled “Horror Road.” It reminds me of a scene from the 1949 movie, “The Thrid Man.”
So far this is all that I know about him:
1. He lives in the northern part of Italy – Monzae e Brianza, Lissone.
2. His Flickr profile is mostly in Italian. The little in English states he is “male and taken.”
3. The photo was taken January 2, 2012 in Esino Laria, Lombardy, Italy.
4. His photos are in both black and white as well as color and are outstanding.
5. Two photos feature cigars – one is Cuban.
I am not a member of Flickr and don’t know my way around it very well, but you can view Casarico’s photos via the link below. I admit that I do not have his permission to post “Horror Road,” but I hope I can be forgiven as I posted it to make amends for my blunder.
As most of you can tell from my simple blog, I am new at this and still learning. (I have removed Flickr from my blog!) I take a wrong road now and then, but look what I sometimes find. Every day is a new adventure! And lately I keep finding roads that lead me to Italy. Is that a sign or coincidence?